Welcome to the website of the Nunavut Library Association!
ᑐᙵᓱᖏᑦ — Tunngasugit — Bienvenue
Nunavut Library Association members:
- are spread across a territory that is one fifth of Canada (1.9 million km2)
- serve people in 25 communities, all above the tree line
- communicate across 3 time zones (ET, CT and MT)
- provide services in any of four official languages – Inuktitut, Inuinnaqtun, English and French
- provide reading materials in Roman script and in syllabic script
- travel everywhere by plane (no roads)
- have all their INTERNET connection by satellite
For recent news and activities, check the NLA Blog Posts (see the sidebar).
Click here to see the official Natural Resources Canada Nunavut map if you are not familiar with our territory.
If you need information that you can’t find on the website, contact us at:
At present, our website is only available in English, but you may see some material posted with content in Inuktitut syllabics. You may need to enable syllabics in your browser languages to view them correctly.