October 19, 2012: Catherine Hoyt, Chair of the Friends of Iqaluit Centennial Library, reports that Nunavut has won the annual Read for 15 challenge:
The Nunavut Literacy Council will be sharing details in their upcoming newsletter. Here are some details they passed on to me;
- Our final number was 6,583.
- Tusarvik School in Repulse Bay was the winner of draw ($100.00) and they had 342 readers
- Many great moments were mentioned on send-in sheets;
- Schools and parents/community members coming together to read.
- Libraries holding special reading events.
- Daycares gathering children and parents for reading sessions.